Bean Salad Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 x 400 g/14 oz cans flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small handful of fresh basil leaves
Bean Salad Recipe
Heat the oil in a small heavy pan. Sauté the garlic until golden but not scorched. Stir in the beans, then leave to marinate in the oil for 10–15 minutes.
When ready to serve, drizzle a little oil over until the beans are generously coated, then add the pesto sauce and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper,
then stir in the basil leaves. Serve straight away.