Baked Mozzarella with Tomatoes Ingredients
- 6 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 100 g/4 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 black olives, stoned and sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 slices white bread, diced
Baked Mozzarella with Tomatoes Recipe
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
Lay the tomato slices, overlapping them slightly, in six individual shallow ovenproof dishes.
Sprinkle the cheese, olives and basil leaves over the top. Add a few drops of olive oil to each, then a small splash of lemon juice.
Put the bread on a baking tray, and place both the bread and the individual dishes in the oven. Bake for 8–10 minutes. Sprinkle the croûtons over the cheese, and