Baked Barley & Broad Bean Casserole Ingredients
- 50 g/2 oz onion, minced
- about 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 150 g/5 oz skinned cooked broad beans
- 100 g/4 oz cooked pearl barley
- 225 ml/8 fl oz soy milk
- 75 g/3 oz raw wheatgerm
- 25 g/1 oz plain flour
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 75 ml/3 fl oz clear honey
- 75 ml/3 fl oz tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chilli powder
Baked Barley & Broad Bean Casserole Recipe
Sweat the onion in a little oil for a few minutes until soft and translucent. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly.
Once the onion is cool enough, add 1 tablespoon oil to the bowl together with all the other remaining ingredients. Mix together and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Turn the mixture into an oiled casserole dish, and bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot.