Bacon Wrapped Prawns Ingredients
- 24 large raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 24 canned whole water chestnuts, drained
- 12 smoked bacon slices, halved
- 75 g/3 oz butter
- 250 g/9 oz cream cheese
- 125 ml/4 fl oz mayonnaise
- 125 ml/4 fl oz sour cream
- 3 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Bacon Wrapped Prawns Recipe
Wrap a prawn around a water chestnut, then wrap both in a half-rasher of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Repeat the process until all the prawns, water chestnuts and bacon have been used.
Melt 40 g/1⁄2 oz of the butter in a large heavy frying pan over a high heat. Add half of the prawn wraps and cook until the bacon browns. Transfer to a large dish. Repeat with the remaining butter and prawns.
Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish sauce and lemon juice, and blend thoroughly. Spoon the sauce over the prawn wraps.
Grill under a medium heat until golden brown. Serve immediately.