Tomatoes on Toast Ingredients
- olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- 6 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 4 thick slices of brown bread
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- 50g/2oz Parmesan cheese, shaved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Tomatoes on Toast Recipe
Brush a heavy frying pan with oil, and place over a high heat.
Add the tomato slices and fry them for 3 minutes, turning once until soft and slightly blackened.
Meanwhile, lightly toast the bread under a grill or in a toaster.
Put the tomatoes on the warm toast. Drizzle each portion with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese shavings, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.