Tofu Salad Ingredients
- 225 g/8 oz firm tofu, cut into 2 cm/3⁄4 in cubes
- 100 g/4 oz mangetout, cut into 3 cm/1 1⁄4 in lengths
- 2 small carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 100 g/4 oz red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
For the marinade:
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Tofu Salad Recipe
To make the marinade, put the chilli sauce, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and oil in a screw top glass jar, and shake well.
Put the tofu in a medium bowl, pour the marinade over and stir. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Put the mangetout in a small pan, pour boiling water over and leave to stand for 1 minute, then drain and plunge into ice-cold water. Drain well.
Add the mangetout, carrots and cabbage to the tofu, and toss together lightly. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, sprinkle with the peanuts and serve immediately.