Stilton & Pear Bruschetta Ingredients
- 1 ciabatta loaf or 1⁄2 loaf country-style wholemeal bread, cut into at least 6 thick slices
- 1 bunch of fresh watercress
- 75 g/3 oz butter, softened
- 2 small ripe pears such as Beurre Bosc or Comice
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 200 g/7 oz Stilton cheese, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
Stilton & Pear Bruschetta Recipe
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes, turning halfway through the
cooking time. Leave to cool.
Strip the leaves from the watercress and chop finely, reserving a few whole leaves to garnish. Mix the chopped leaves together with the butter, and season with pepper.
Halve the pears and remove the cores. Slice the pears thinly. Put in a bowl and add the lemon juice.
Spread the watercress butter over the toast, then put 2 or 3 pear slices on top of each one together with a slice of Stilton.
Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the Stilton is golden brown. Cut the bruschetta into quarters, and serve on a large serving plate garnished with the
reserved watercress leaves.