Moroccan Lamb Koftas Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb minced lamb
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200 g/7 oz stale coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
For the yogurt sauce
- 50 ml/2 fl oz Greek-style yogurt
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Moroccan Lamb Koftas Recipe
In a blender or food processor, purée all the ingredients until smooth and paste-like. Divide the lamb mixture into two portions, and mould each half around a separate metal skewer to form two long sausage shapes.
Just before serving, grill or barbecue both of the koftas until browned and cooked through, turning from time to time while cooking.
Combine all the ingredients for the yogurt sauce in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water, mix well and serve with the hot or warm koftas.