Leek & Potato Soup Ingredients
- 50 g/2 oz butter
- 450 g/1 lb leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- 700 g/1 1 ⁄2 lb potatoes, roughly chopped
- 900 ml/1 1 ⁄2 pt vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 450 ml/3 ⁄4 pt milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- salt and ground black pepper
Leek & Potato Soup Recipe
Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and sweat gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the potatoes, stock, rosemary and milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 20–25 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
Cool for 10 minutes. Discard the rosemary, then pour into a blender or food processor, and purée until smooth. Return to a clean pan, and stir in the parsley and crème fraîche. Season to taste. Reheat gently and serve.