Indian Eggs & Chillies Ingredients
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 green chillies, slit length ways
- 2.5 cm/1 in piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 20 curry leaves
- 3 onions, finely sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chilli powder
- pinch of salt
Indian Eggs & Chillies Recipe
In a saucepan of water, slowly bring the eggs to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until hard boiled. Drain, remove the shells and set aside to cool.
Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the chillies, ginger and curry leaves for 2–3 minutes. Add the onions and fry until half-cooked.
Add the tomatoes, turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until thick. Add the whole eggs to the sauce, and mix gently until they are covered with
the sauce. Remove from the heat, and serve hot with rice.