Filo Mince Pies Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 450 g/1 lb minced lamb
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 25 g/1 oz plain flour
- 50 g/2 oz canned cooked chickpeas, drained
- 300 ml/10 fl oz lamb stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 225 g/8 oz filo pastry
- 100 g/4 oz dried apricots
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 25 g/1 oz butter, melted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Filo Mince Pies Recipe
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the lamb and brown for 5 minutes. Stir in the onion, coriander and flour. Cook for a further 1 minute. Add the chickpeas, stock, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes.
Line a deep ovenproof dish with 4 sheets of filo pastry. Spoon in the mince mixture. Top with the apricots and courgettes. Lay 2 sheets of pastry on top of the filling, and brush with the melted butter. Fold the remaining sheets on top. Pour over the rest of the butter, and cook the pie in the oven for 40 minutes. Serve hot.