Feta Cheese & Capers Ingredients
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed peppercorns
- 8 coriander seeds
- 350 g/12 oz feta cheese, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano or thyme
- olive oil to cover
- 16 black olives
- hot toast
Feta Cheese & Capers Recipe
Using a mortar and pestle, lightly crush the peppercorns and coriander seeds.
In a screw top glass jar, layer the feta cheese, garlic, bay leaf, ground peppercorns and coriander seeds, capers and a fresh sprig of thyme or oregano.
Pour in enough oil to cover the cheese, and marinate for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Serve the feta cheese on hot toast together with the black olives and a drizzling of oil.