Courgette & Spinach Soup Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 100 g/4 oz spinach, chopped
- 3 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1.2 litres/2 pt vegetable stock
- 150 ml/5 fl oz double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Courgette & Spinach Soup Recipe
Heat the oil in a saucepan, and sweat the onion and courgette until the onion is transparent.
Add the potato, spinach, parsley and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before blending or processing to a purée.
Return the soup to a clean pan, stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Reheat gently without boiling and serve.