Courgette Fritters Ingredients
- 100 g/4 oz self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50 ml/2 fl oz milk
- 300 g/11 oz courgettes, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Courgette Fritters Recipe
Sift the flour into a large bowl, and make a well in the center. Add the eggs to the well, and gradually draw in the flour from the sides using a wooden spoon.
Slowly add the milk to the mixture, stirring constantly to form a thick batter. Add the courgettes and thyme, season with salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
Heat the oil in a large heavy frying pan until hot. Cooking in batches, carefully drop in tablespoons of the batter to make the fritters. Shallow fry for 3 minutes on each side.
Remove the fritters with a slotted spoon, and drain on kitchen paper. Serve hot.