Chive Omelette Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cm/1⁄2 in piece of fresh root ginger, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, cut into shreds
- 2 carrots, cut into shreds
- 2 small courgettes, cut into shreds
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced
- 4 spring onions, cut into shreds
- 100 g/4 oz beansprouts
- 1⁄4 head Chinese leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chive Omelette Recipe
Whisk together the eggs and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk again. Heat about 1 teaspoon of the groundnut oil in a small frying pan, and pour in just enough of the egg mixture to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 1 minute until set, then turn over and cook the omelette on the other side for a further minute.
Tip out the omelette onto a plate, and cook the rest of the egg mixture in the same way to make two or three small omelettes, adding extra oil to the pan if necessary. Roll up each omelette and slice thinly. Keep the omelettes warm until required.
Heat the remaining groundnut oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for a few seconds.
Add the celery, carrots and courgettes, and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add the radishes, spring onions, beansprouts and Chinese leaves, and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes until all the vegetables are tender but still with a bite. Sprinkle the sesame oil over the vegetables, and toss gently. • Serve the vegetables at once, with the omelette scattered over the top.