Chicken Tikka Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb skinless chicken breast or thigh fillet, cubed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 ml/5 fl oz low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 50 ml/2 fl oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
Chicken Tikka Recipe
In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the sunflower oil. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Preheat the grill to medium. Lay the marinated chicken on a grill tray in a flameproof dish lined with foil, and baste with the oil.
Once the grill is hot enough, grill the chicken for 15–20 minutes until cooked, turning and basting three times during the cooking process. Serve hot.