Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients
- 900 ml/1 1 ⁄2 pt chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 225 g/8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g/4 oz cooked skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 50 g/2 oz soup pasta such as orzo or ditalini
- 150 ml/5 fl oz dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and ground black pepper
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Put the stock and bay leaf into a heavy pan, and bring to the boil. Add the spring onions and mushrooms to the simmering stock.
Add the chicken to the soup, and season with salt and pepper. Heat through for 2–3 minutes.
Add the pasta, cover and simmer for 7–8 minutes.
Just before serving, add the wine and parsley, heat the soup through for 2–3 minutes, then check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Serve hot.