Cheese & Spinach Puffs Ingredients
- 150 g/5 oz cooked spinach, chopped
- 175 g/6 oz cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 egg whites
- 25 g/1 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cheese & Spinach Puffs Recipe
Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas mark 7, and lightly oil six individual ramekins.
In a small bowl, mix together the spinach and cottage cheese. Sprinkle in the nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper. Stir through.
Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff enough to hold soft peaks. Fold the egg whites evenly into the spinach mixture using a large metal spoon, then spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Smooth the tops using the back of the spoon.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan, and place the ramekins on a baking tray. Bake for 15–20 minutes until well risen. Serve immediately.