Butterfly Prawns Ingredients
- 16 raw tiger prawns, peeled and deveined, with tails intact
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Butterfly Prawns Recipe
If using bamboo skewers, soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
Cut the prawns in half length ways down to the tail, and flatten out to form a symmetrical shape.
Thread a prawn onto two skewers, with the tail in the middle. Thread another 3 prawns onto the same two skewers in the same way. Repeat until you have four sets of 4 prawns on each two skewers.
Lay the skewered prawns in a glass or ceramic dish. Sprinkle the lime juice over them. Combine the spices and oil in a small bowl, and use to coat the prawns well. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
Cook the prawns on a foil-lined grill pan under a hot grill for 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Serve immediately.