Banana & Chicory Salad Ingredients
- 2 bananas, thickly sliced
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 heads chicory
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut, toasted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Banana & Chicory Salad Recipe
Toss the bananas in a little of the lemon juice to prevent browning.
Cut a cone-shaped core out of the base of each chicory head, then separate into leaves. Arrange the leaves on a serving plate, and pile the bananas in the center.
Whisk together the remaining lemon juice, zest, oil and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk again.
Pour the dressing over the salad. Sprinkle with the coriander and coconut. Serve straight away.