Bamboo Shoot Salad Ingredients
- 400 g/14 oz canned whole bamboo shoots
- 25 g/1 oz long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 20 small fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Bamboo Shoot Salad Recipe
Rinse and drain the bamboo shoots, then slice and set aside in a serving bowl.
Dry-roast the rice in a heavy frying pan until it is golden brown. Remove and grind to fine crumbs using a mortar and pestle.
Tip the ground rice into a bowl. Add the shallots, garlic, spring onions, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, chilli flakes and half of the mint leaves. Mix thoroughly.
Pour over the bamboo shoots, and toss together. Serve the salad sprinkled with the sesame seeds and the remaining mint leaves.