Baked Lentil & Vegetable Stew Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts
- 200 g/7 oz green lentils such as Puy, picked and rinsed
- 200 g/7 oz onions, chopped
- 150 g/5 oz celery, chopped
- 200 g/7 oz carrots, sliced
- 400 g/14 oz rutabaga, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tablespoons tamari
Baked Lentil & Vegetable Stew Recipe
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
Cut a cross in the bottom of each sprout. Combine the sprouts and remaining ingredients except the tamari in a large baking dish. Gently pour in 700ml/11⁄2pt water.
Cook in the oven for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the lentils and vegetables are tender. Top up with more water while cooking if necessary – green lentils require more cooking than other varieties.
Stir in the tamari and serve warm.