Asparagus & Potato Salad Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb small waxy potatoes
- 125 ml/4 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 900 g/2 lb fresh asparagus tips or young asparagus, trimmed
- 225 g/8 oz young spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Asparagus & Potato Salad Recipe
Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas mark 7.
Put the potatoes in a roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20–30 minutes until just soft to the center, then cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together some salt, pepper, the shallots, vinegar and the remaining oil. Slice the potatoes thickly, put into a large bowl, pour the dressing over and marinate for 10 minutes.
Cook the asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for 3–4 minutes. Drain carefully, and put into a bowl of ice-cold water to retain the color and stop the spears cooking further. Drain again, then add to the potatoes with the spinach. Toss together carefully, and serve.