Asparagus & Chorizo Salad Ingredients
- 250 g/9 oz asparagus
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1cm/1⁄2in cubes
- handful of rocket leaves
Asparagus & Chorizo Salad Recipe
Cook the asparagus in salted boiling water for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain, then refresh in cold water. Leave to cool.
Grill the chorizo for 5 minutes under a hot grill. Leave to cool on kitchen paper.
Combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the sherry vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and add the bread cubes. Fry until crisp and golden.
Serve the asparagus on top of the rocket salad. Scatter with the chorizo and croûtons, and pour the dressing over the top.